Poem: When Can I Fly?

Time is changing, the wind is blowing
Still my heart why aren't you soaring?
Have my wings not matured enough to take the last flight home?

Everyone’s leaving, the sky is calling
With every passing second my hope keeps fading
Just like those clouds which I can’t see anymore

Am I gonna remain grounded all alone?

Suppose I die now, never to find out
What beyond that sky is all about
Is it a love that cannot be broken no matter how many tears fall like rain?

If you get there, will you return here?
Just for a while to whisper into my ear
What lies in the place which I may never get a glimpse before I sleep

I know I am asking you for too much
I have freely made you my crutch
But I must know the destination of my search
So that when I close my eyes...

I see it in my dreams all night long
Where I can fly just like a sweet song
As I dive into that sky which I yearned for all my life
I will smile forever and ever

Comments

Popular Posts