Confessions of a Flighty Girl

 


I used to see a girl whose head was in the clouds

Her chin was so up high, she couldn’t even see the ground

But one day she took my hand and made me sit by her side

Then she burst into tears, and she cried all night


She said, “This is not who I am or who I wanted to be

“But so much time has passed; I don’t think I can be free

“It is not even like I haven’t done anything wrong

“I haven’t even apologized to the ones I wronged.”


“I never dreamed in a million nights that my life would turn out this way

“Wearing this fake face day by day, now set forever like hardened clay

“I can’t take this farce anymore: all this lying, and anguish, and all of this guilt

“So please just let me tell you of all of my faults—wash away these lies I have built!”


“I have been building my mansion in the clouds, but it’s all made in vain

“I can’t even come down with the rain; all I am left with is this burning, bitter pain

“The sun is scorching the sins on my back, it’s driving me insane

“Maybe if I confess them all, I will finally break all these chains.”


I finally met the girl whose soul was down to earth

Her voice was soft as rain; her heart was warm as hearth

Then I took her head and gently wiped the tears from her eyes

Then a smile came to her face in the dark of the night


Comments

Popular Posts